Biggest wedding show in UK with over 300 wedding specialists from bridal boutiques & florists to jewelers and photographers – A great event to attend for a future Bride and her bridesmaids.
The event took place in London Olympia 17th-19th February. As soon as we walked in ( and that was pretty fast with our VIP tickets), I was amazed by the beauty of the displays and decorations of the venue. Flowers, tassels, ribbons, balloons…. Everything you could imagine on your perfect wedding.
As part of the VIP experience, we got access to the VIP lounge where you get an awesome goodie bag ( more about what’s in the goodie bag on my next blog post), a complimentary glass of Fizz courtesy of Blossom Hills, hair & makeup trials by Revlon and seats at the catwalk at your chosen time.
The catwalk was one of my favorite parts of the show. All the dresses looked absolutely beautiful, there were collections of bridal wear by Debenhams, Allure Bridals, Poppy Dover, Berketex Bride (Where I found my perfect dress), Occasion wear and Grooms outfit collections by Ted Baker.
I have really enjoyed the show and still can not believe I have bought my dress (did I mention I had no intention of buying anything at the show :)).Big Thank you to my friends who organized this surprise for me!
Tips for your next Wedding Show at Olympia:
- Get VIP tickets. It is definitely worth it! The goodie bag is worth more than the ticket price itself, also you get to rest your feet at a fancy VIP lounge.
- Have some cash. Even if you have VIP ticket you have to pay 1 pound at the cloakroom for your coat…- One thing I was not really impressed by at the event…
- If you can, attend the event for 2 days. If you are planning a big wedding, one day will not be enough to talk to all the vendors you are interested in. We were there the whole day, but it felt like we barely spoke with any vendors- drinking champagne and choosing a wedding dress took longer than expected (giggles).
- If you find something you really like – buy it. Prices are so much better at the event, and you know how important it is to save every single penny when planning the wedding.
- Bring your bridesmaids, not the groom. The event makes a fun girly day out with sparkling wine, dresses, mini makeovers- a perfect opportunity to bond even more.
- If you are a bridesmaid – Tickets to the show is an amazing gift/surprise for the bride.